Bike month is upon us, which means there are tons of exciting biking events happening throughout the Harrisburg area ALL MONTH LONG.
Here's a snapshot of some of the month's events sourced from Bike Harrisburg's website:
- HBC Sunday Morning Sociable Ride: Every Sunday 7:15 a.m. City Island
- Capital Area Greenbelt Ride: Every Sunday May 6 – May 27 1:00 p.m. Meet at the trailhead behind the City Line Diner, 3302 Derry St.
- Explore West Shore Ride: May 5 – 9:00 a.m. Meet at West Shore Plaza, Lemoyne, across from Karns.
- Garden Faire at Fort Hunter: May 6 – Ride your bike to Garden Faire and receive a voucher for a free tour of the elegantly restored Fort Hunter Mansion.
- Spoke ‘n Gear Bicycle Expo: May 9 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Field (across from the Capital Fountain)
- Allison Hill Multi-Cultural Festival and Free Bike Repair: May 12 – Meet at 13th & Derry in Harrisburg. Parade at 1:00 PM. Decorate your bike!
- Rally to Support Cycling In PA: May 14 10:00 a.m. – Ride your bike into Harrisburg and meet at the Capitol steps on 3rd Street.
- Bike to Work Week: May 14-20 – Ride your bike to work. It’s a wonderful way to get exercise and go green.
- Bike to Work Day: May 18 Local businesses will offer special incentives for those who bike to work this day. Follow Bike Harrisburg on Facebook for details.
- HBC Friday Night Social Ride: , May 18- 6:15 p.m. Meet at the HACC Midtown parking lot on Reilly St. Dinner afterwards at the Broad St. Market.
- Free Bike Repair, Learn to Ride, and Bike Advocacy: May 19 – 10:00 a.m. -2:00 p.m. at the Broad Street Market, 3rd. Street, Harrisburg.
- “Highlights of HBG” Bike Tour: May 19 – 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Meet at the east end of the Walnut Street Bridge, near Front Street.
- Seersucker & Lace Ride: May 20 – 2:00 p.m. Think of this as a fashion show on wheels. Meet at the Underground Bike Shop,1519 N. 3rd St., Harrisburg.
- Free Valet Bike Parking at the Harrisburg Arts Festival: May 26-28, Riverfront Park on the north and south ends of the festival, courtesy of Recycle Bicycle.
An in-depth guide to all things Bike Month can be found here.
AND DON'T FORGET!! OUR VERY OWN BIKE TO BRUNCH EVENT IS ON MAY 26! PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! Click here to visit the ticketing site and find out more information about the event.
Enjoy Bike Month, riders!